When it comes to the wonderful world of iPhone applications, there are thousands and thousands available. More and more are being added every day. To help you cut through the clutter, we are going to take a look at some of the best iPhone apps. Whether free or ones you have to pay to use, our list are the “must have” items if you’re an avid iPhone user.
After showing you our list, we are going to give you some tips for finding and installing iPhone apps. Apple makes a big effort to keep the App Store safe, but there are steps you can take to make sure you don’t have any problems with your expensive iPhone.
Best iPhone Apps
- NCAA® Football by EA SPORTS – If you love football, you’re going to love this game. It costs money to download and play, but if you’re a true sports fan you’re going to love it.
- Nike+ GPS – If you run or are into sports, this is a very cool iPhone app that will make your iPhone useful. There is a charge, but for many athletes and fitness buffs, it’s more than worth the price.
- Robot Unicorn Attack – From Adult Swim, you know this app is going to be strange. Even though you have to pay for it, many people love this game. If you want something a little different, try Robot Unicorn Attack!
Best Free iPhone Apps
- Yelp and UrbanSpoon – If you love food and eating out, you need to have these iPod Touch apps. With GPS, they can show you the best places to eat nearby and give you an idea of how good the food, service, and prices are going to be thanks to reviews from other users.
- Evernote – This free app is great for keeping track of notes, snippets, and other things. It’s an organizer that has a lot of power to make your life simpler and easier to manage – especially if you’re an avid note taker and list maker.
- Weather Channel – There are tons of weather apps for the iPhone, but the Weather Channel is heads and tails above all the rest. They have a lot of options that you can customize and have accurate and timely weather information as well.
- Fandango – If you buy tickets frequently, you’re going to love being able to whip out your phone and get tickets without having to stand in line. It also has reviews and other information that makes finding the best movie or show easier.
Tips for Downloading iPhone Apps
If you plan on downloading iPod Touch games and apps, you should try to stay as safe as possible. One way to do this – while saving time as well – is to read comments other people have left about apps in the App Store. By doing this, you can save the time of downloading, installing, and trying out an app. If something is “buggy” and doesn’t work, you can avoid it and move on to something else.